ALTIRIS® pigment for high solar reflection in a widecolor range
Huntsman has engineered ALTIRIS® infrared reflecting pigment to help increase solar reflectance. When mixed with colored pigments the result is higher1 infrared reflectance in an unprecedented range of colorful coatings.
ALTIRIS® pigment has been engineered to give high solar reflectance by modifying rutile titanium dioxide crystal. The pigment is super durable. There are two distinct products:
ALTIRIS® 550 pigment
- Engineered for high solar reflectance
- For the production of medium and light shades (L*>40) with high solar reflectance (tint strength is approximately 50% of pigmentary titanium dioxide)
ALTIRIS® 800 pigment
- Engineered to give optimal near-infrared / visible reflectance ratios.
- Offers exceptionally low tint strength (approximately 25% if pigmentary titanium dioxide) for dark (L*<40), bright and vibrant colors with high solar refelctance.
- Used where very little or no pigmentary titanium dioxide would be added as standard e.g. black and vibrant red colors.