Huntsman Shows Unique and Sustainable Portfolio at Middle East Coatings Show
Commitment to innovation brings new chemistries to Dubai
12-14 March 2012, Hall 8, Stand H5 - Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, UAE
Huntsman, one of the world’s largest chemical companies, will demonstrate its growing commitment to the Middle East region when it unveils some of its latest technologies at the Middle East Coatings Show – the dedicated regional coatings event for raw materials suppliers and equipment manufacturers.
Two Huntsman Group companies – Advanced Materials and Performance Products – will reveal how their innovative chemistries can enable new coating applications, improve product performance and reduce environmental impact across a range of industry sectors. Particular focus will be placed upon technologies that can help protect offshore and marine applications; oil and gas pipelines; and steel and concrete structures.
Huntsman Advanced Materials produces and develops knowledge-based specialty components for highend- performance industrial products. Its unique portfolio appeals to formulators, chemists and scientists working in challenging markets who want to be at the forefront of innovation and product development.
Technologies from Huntsman Advanced Materials will include:
- A rejuvenated, environmentally friendly Aradur® epoxy curing agent portfolio that contains no nonyl phenol, bisphenol A, bisphenol F or phenol accelerators
- A complete portfolio of high-performance Araldite® waterborne epoxy resins and curing agents with ultimate corrosion performance
- A complete portfolio of Aradur® Polyamidoamine Curing Agents with full range from standard up to highest performance products
As a leader in epoxy curing technology and polyurea technology, Huntsman Performance Products offers dedicated solutions for coatings, adhesives and composites,
including specialty amines and carbonates.
- JEFFAMINE® polyetheramines have a proven track record as epoxy curing agents.Tough yet flexible, they are the building block of choice for numereous epoxy applications.Providing low viscosity , low volatility and the ability to cure under ambient conditions, our epoxy curing agents can be used as resin co-reactants or crosslinkers in coatings, adhesives, casting systems and composites.
- Huntsman cycloaliphatic amines are novelty curing agents and offer benefits when higher temperature and chemical resistance are required for coatings, floorings and composites
- JEFFAMINE® SD amines are core ingredients to create controlled cure and catalyst-free polyurea coatings
- JEFFLINK® chain extenders are used to create light-stable, aliphatic polyurea coatings
- JEFFSOL® alkylene carbonates: an environmentally friendly, solvent-based technology that can replace toxic materials in paints, coatings, cleaners and paint-strippers.
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. Its operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging. Originally known for pioneering innovations in packaging and, later, for rapid and integrated growth in petrochemicals, Huntsman today has 13,000 employees and operates from multiple locations worldwide. The Company had 2007 revenues of approximately $10 billion. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company’s website at www.huntsman.com.
ARALDITE®, ARADUR®, JEFFAMINE®, JEFFLINK®, and JEFFSOL® are all registered trademarks of Hun
tsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof in one or more, but not all, countries.
Patricia Albisser (AdMat): + 41 612992664ı
Michael Scharf (PP): + 32 2 7589884