FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 3, 2014
Huntsman, a leading developer of MDI-based polyurethanes, has announced that it will be exhibiting at PU Tech India in March and will use the show to introduce a number of technologies to the local market.
Huntsman’s polyurethanes business creates MDI-based solutions to address global megatrends and enhance energy efficiency, comfort and wellbeing – helping to make the planet a better, more sustainable place to live. With the market for MDI in India thriving, Huntsman will launch a selection of products that can support market and application opportunities arising across the subcontinent, which have been triggered by rapid social and economic expansion, urbanization and significant infrastructure projects.
Technologies to be introduced will include:
- Gels / footbed liners to make running / fitness shoes more comfortable and durable
- Viscoelastic foams for the production of memory foam mattresses, pillows, seating pads and other specialty furniture applications
- Spray foam insulation to make buildings more energy efficient
- One- and two-component polyurethane adhesives for bonding sandwich panels, which can dramatically simplify the construction of homes, offices, warehouses, schools and hospitals.
- Special polyurethane insulation sandwich panel systems to meet stringent fire regulations
- Spray applied polyurea with flame retardant properties that can be used as a protective coating in automotive and construction applications
- An innovative smart water management substrate that enables the creation of green roofs and living walls, which can help transform barren, grey cities into lush, verdant landscapes.
Emphasizing Huntsman’s expertise, company representatives will take to the stage at PU Tech India on Thursday 13 March to deliver conference pa
pers on a range of topics.
- At 12:00pm in Hall 1, Eric Gaudeus will speak about the use of polyurethane adhesives in panel construction.
- At 12:20pm in Hall 2, Joris Deschaght and Diane Daems will join forces to discuss INSPIRE® – a polyurethane-based technology for sandwich panels which meets fire safety requirements.
- Rounding off proceedings, Eric Gaudeus will talk again at 4:35pm in Hall 1. He’ll present a paper on how to ‘Increase the intrinsic flame retardant performance of spray applied polyurea coatings.’
Huntsman has been active in India for many years offering its customers access to a diverse portfolio of high caliber chemistries and first class customer service across the sub-continent.
Polyurethane products developed and marketed by the business are available under a variety of different brand names including ACOUSTIFLEX®, DALTOPED®, i-BOND®, INSPIRE®, SUPRASEC® and VYDRO®.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals with 2013 revenues of over $11 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to meet the needs of consumers and manufacturers serving a broad range of end markets. We operate more than 80 manufacturing and R&D facilities in 30 countries and employ approximately 12,000 associates within our 5 distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Statements in this release that are not historical are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances an
d involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company's operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed in the Huntsman companies' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
Ilse Vanden Brande
+32 2 758 9420