- Huntsman Polyurethanes will manufacture only those products that can be produced, transported, stored, used and disposed of safely, and will comply with all relevant legislation in all the markets in which it operates, taking any additional measures we consider necessary;
- We will establish demonstrable processes by which we can identify and manage environmentally, healthy and safe sound way, our business conduct throughout the life cycle of our products;
- We will actively seek to develop new or modified products which will assist in conserving the environment and lead to sustainable development;
- We will provide EHS training and information for all staff, customers, contractors and others who work with us, handle our products or operate our technologies;
- Huntsman Polyurethanes management is committed to ensuring that adequate resource is made available to implement this policy. It is the responsibility of all Huntsman Polyurethanes' staff to implement the policy.
- All employees are educated and trained, based on their job function, on the safe storage, handling, use and disposal of products;
- Complete and up-to-date inventories and appropriate EHS data on all chemicals handled, raw materials, intermediates, finished products, waste, process chemicals, are established and maintained;
- All commercial and development products are supplied with labels and safety data sheets in appropriate languages for the customer;
- All products, including articles, services, ancillary items such as packaging, comply with the regulations of each country into which they are sold;
- Contractors and distributors involved in transportation, storage, toll or custom manufacture are assessed as appropriate based on risk and control to ensure their EHS policy, standards and performance are acceptable;
- All newly launched commercial substances (from 1996 onwards) will have undergone formal EHS assessments;
- A program of life cycle studies is established for all substances identified as having potential problems following environmental risk assessments;
- Mutually acceptable EHS product improvement goals are developed with customers and suppliers, as appropriate;
- Formal systems are in place for monitoring, analyzing and responding to customer EHS-related incidents, requests and complaints.