Auburn Hills, Mich.
2190 Executive Hills Boulevard
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Telephone: +1 248 322 7300
Telefax: +1 248 322 7303
+1 248 322 7327
Environment, Health & Safety:
+1 248 322 7443
+1 281 719 4602
- Located 20 miles north of Detroit near the major US automotive design and development centers, as well as near the major Tier 1 suppliers to the automotive industry.
- The Auburn Hills Technical Center is located on a 12-acre site with 95,000 square feet of office, laboratory, pilot plant, warehouse and machine hall facilities.
- Includes business and commercial management and technical staff for the Americas Urethanes Specialities Business, and commercial staff for the Huntsman Polymers group.
- Employs 100 people.
- A complete applications development resource for polyurethanes made from MDI (methyl diphenyl diisocyanate), the key ingredient in making polyurethanes.
- Technology center focuses on the development and testing of proprietary polyurethanes, including MDI prepolymers.
- Capabilities include development and testing of applications for polyurethane foams made from MDI.
- Blended systems are tailored to meet individual end-use specifications for a variety of Automotive, Footwear, Furniture and ACE (adhesives, coatings, and elastomers) markets.
- Technical Center features production-scale pour machines for formulation development in seating and other molded foam products as well as a mini-slab line for development of products for flexible slabstock applications.
- The Chemical and Physical Testing Laboratories are accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). The scopes of accreditation can be found on the A2LA Website ( www.a2la.org) under certificate numbers 0290.03 and 0290.04.
- The Auburn Hills facility is registered under the ISO 9001 Standard.