Basel, Switzerland, January 30, 2007— Huntsman Textile Effects adds ‘Active Comfort’ to the High IQ family of effects. High IQ, which stands for Innovation and Quality, is Huntsman’s global branding program for innovative textile color and finishing effects. The six ‘intelligent’ effects, encompassing a broad array of performance features, will give manufacturers in the ready-to-wear, active wear, children’s and swimwear markets the ability to deliver meaningful product innovation to their consumers.
“Consumers demand more than ever from the clothing they wear,” says Lee Howarth, brand manager High IQ. “They want clothes that are more comfortable, save them time, keep up with their busy lifestyles, and, of course, look great. At Huntsman, we understand that and have developed a comprehensive collection of technical solutions that give manufacturers the ability to meet and exceed those consumer expectations.”
Huntsman’s High IQ collection now consists of six products that provide features and benefits to meet today’s consumers’ desire in their clothing. These effects can be used individually or combined to provide multiple benefits in the finished product:
• NEW! Fabrics treated with Active Comfort repel water on the outside surface and wick moisture on the inside without visible show through. The finish leaves the garment silky soft. Consumers stay dry and comfortable and don’t have to endure unsightly perspiration marks.
• Lasting Color helps fabrics retain their original color. Bright colors remain vibrant and darks stay deep and true, wash after wash, so clothes keep looking newer longer.
• Sun Protection special agents added to the garment shields consumers from the harmful effects of both UV-A and UV-B rays.
• Easy Care Plus ensures that clothes go from dryer to hanger without a stop at the ironing board. And the Plus? Special processing
makes fabrics soft and silky to the touch.
• Cool Comfort gives garments state-of-the-art moisture management properties with an incredibly soft hand, so consumers don’t have to sacrifice comfort for performance.
• Freshness prevents unpleasant odors from being absorbed by the garment. Consumers feel fresh and clean even after a workout at the gym.
“We call these effects High IQ because they provide intelligent solutions to the demands consumers make of their clothes,” says Howarth, “and, they are also smart for manufacturers”. High IQ products are engineered to be easily incorporated into normal production processes.
Huntsman Textile Effects is a leading global supplier of textile solutions, manufacturing a broad range of dye and chemical products that enhance the color and performance properties of finished textiles. The business serves over 10,000 global customers from 11 manufacturing facilities located in eight countries.
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and commodity chemicals. Its operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging. Originally known for pioneering innovations in packaging and, later, for rapid and integrated growth in petrochemicals, Huntsman today has 15,000 employees and 78 operations in 24 countries. The Company had 2005 revenues of $13 billion.
Statements in this release that are not historical are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management’s current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company’s operations, markets, produ
cts, services, prices and other factors as discussed in the Huntsman companies’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that the company’s expectations will be realized. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by securities and other applicable laws.
HIGH IQ® is a registered trademark of Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof in one or more, but not all, countries.