FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 4, 2019
The Woodlands, Texas
Huntsman Introduces HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort
Performance assurance program for textiles with advanced moisture management technology
Singapore – Huntsman Textile Effects has extended its HIGH IQ® performance assurance program to help mills, brands and retailers meet consumer demand for garments with durable moisture management. HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort performance program is built on the industry’s broadest and most advanced moisture management agents to deliver durable, long-lasting performance.
As consumers around the world adopt more active lifestyles and outdoor activities, the need for cool, dry and comfortable sports and athleisure wear is on an upward trend.
HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort performance program allows garments to breathe, while at the same time, transports moisture away from the body. This ensures consumers can stay cool, dry and fresh throughout. The unique technology supports accelerated evaporation, ensuring garments dry quickly for long-lasting comfort.
“Today’s consumer seeks comfort and performance in their active lifestyle. With Huntsman’s HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort performance assurance program, we offer durable moisture management so your garment remains breathable, stays cool and attains the comfort of cotton. Unique quick-dry properties created by the natural microclimate of the garment help to reduce post-exercise chill, making the effects highly suitable for sports and active wear,” said Lee Howarth, Global Marketing Manager, Huntsman Textile Effects.
Only mills that meet Huntsman’s stringent requirements earn the right to use the HIGH IQ® performance assurance hang tags as point-of-sale product branding. Updat
ed hangtags and promotional materials are available to support mills and brands in communicating the benefits of the HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort performance assurance program.
The technology that drives the HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort program complies with the requirements of bluesign® for safe and sustainable textile production. Furthermore, fabrics produced with HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort moisture management are suitable for STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified textile products. The global leader in intelligent effects, Huntsman Textile Effects developed the HIGH IQ® global performance assurance program to help mills, brands and retailers produce high-performance textiles with built-in sun protection, freshness, friction protection and water repellence, in bright whites and color that lasts. The program is based on innovative dyes and effects and unparalleled technical support and application know-how from Huntsman Textile Effects to help mills improve their productivity and competitiveness.
Other intelligent effects under HIGH IQ® include:
• HIGH IQ® Repel performance assurance program is designed to help mills, brands and retailers meet global demand for eco-friendly apparel with rain and stain protection. Combining innovative durable water repellent finishes with unparalleled technical expertise, the HIGH IQ® Repel program provides durable eco-friendly and sustainable protection for every performance need: everyday, outdoor and extreme adventures.
• HIGH IQ® Lasting White performance assurance program delivers very high and brilliant whites on cellulosic fibers, combining our latest generation of well-known UVITEX® Fluorescent Whitening Agents. With environment-friendly fluorinated (C6) or non-fluorinated stain repel and release technologies, the fluorescent whitening agents used unde
r the HIGH IQ® Lasting White program ensure garments keep looking new for longer.
• HIGH IQ® Sun Protect performance assurance program provides an Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of up to 50 and above, providing the highest level of protection for the lifetime of a garment. Tested against the highest industry standards, HIGH IQ® Sun Protect guards against damaging UV-A and UV-B rays to ensure maximum protection. It does not impair the natural aesthetics of the fabric, and prolonged exposure to sunlight and multiple laundering will not degrade the protection or fade the colors.
• HIGH IQ® Lasting Color performance assurance program is powered by specially selected NOVACRON® dyes. Fabrics made using the HIGH IQ® Lasting Color program will not fade, and there is little risk of color staining on other garments during washing.
• HIGH IQ® Lasting Color eco performance assurance program relies on Huntsman’s award-winning AVITERA® SE reactive dyes to reduce water and energy consumption by up to 50% compared to best-available technologies. Excellent washing-off performance shortens processing time and increases productivity.
For more information, visit www.high-iq.com.
Download HIGH IQ® Cool Comfort images
### END ###
HIGH IQ® is a registered trademark of Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof in one or more, but not all countries.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals with 2018 revenues of approximately $9 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets.
We operate more than 75 manufacturing and R&D facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our 4 distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
About Huntsman Textile Effects:
Huntsman Textile Effects is the leading global provider of high quality dyes, chemicals and digital inks to the textile and related industries. With operations in more than 90 countries and six primary manufacturing facilities in six countries (China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Mexico and Thailand), Huntsman Textile Effects is uniquely positioned to provide prompt and expert technical service wherever our customers are based. Sustainability, innovation and collaboration are at the heart of what we do. We use cutting edge technology to develop solutions and create innovative products with intelligent effects such as durable water repellents, color fastness, sun protection or state-of-the-art dyes which reduce water and energy consumption. For more information about Huntsman Textile Effects, please visit www.huntsman.com/textile_effects.
Statements in this release that are not historical are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company's operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed in the Huntsman companies' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, financial, economic, competitive, environmental,
political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
Marilyn Chua +65 6390 0339
Lip Yew Liang +65 6390 6442