REACH provides a schedule for the pre-registration, registration and evaluation of existing (“phase-in”) substances. Registration and evaluation proceed in three phases based on the volume and the substance properties.
- Substances present on the European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances (EINECS)
- Substances manufactured in the EU or in the countries acceding to the EU on 1 January 1995 /1 May 2004 but not placed on the market in the 15 years before entry into force of REACH (e.g. R&D substances)
- No longer polymers placed on the market in the EU or in the EU countries
- New substances and substances not covered by the definition of a phase-in substance.
- *CMR 1A / 1B (substances that are carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic to reproduction, Category 1A or 1B, in accordance with Regulation 1272/2008)
- **H400 / H410 (substances that are very toxic to aquatic life; substances that are very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects)
- Pre-Registration : 1 June 2008 – Nov 2008