Huntsman adds to its range of low-odor, non-flammable, primer-free adhesives with ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive
BASEL, Switzerland – Huntsman announces the launch of ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive, enhancing its range of low-odor, non-flammable, and primer-free structural acrylate adhesives that deliver exceptional bond performance while increasing end-customer and employee well-being and lowering costs.
Which substrate is being bonded is a critical component when choosing an adhesive. If mixed substrates are being used, it is crucial that the adhesive offers dependable performance on both. While delivering comparable bonding performance to ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive on metals (launched in December 2021), ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive has been specially designed to provide significantly higher strength on engineering plastics and composites.
As with ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive, ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive drives productivity and lower costs with none of the compromises associated with traditional adhesives, such as high odor, flammability, high toxicity profiles, and surface preparation. ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive also provides high bond strength and elongation, outstanding flowability and cure times, and better ageing, which is the measure of how the adhesive will perform over time when exposed to heat and humidity.
Key features of ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive include:
- Low odor – with up to 90% less smell than alternative products, ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive helps to increase end-customer and employee satisfaction, especially in confined working environments.
- Non-flammable classification (>95°C flash point) – ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive helps to minimize costs for safety training, storage, transportation, and equipment. In addition, it eliminates the need for the installation and maintenance of designated flammable storage areas, lowering costs.
- No primer – ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive does not need a primer for surface preparation, which halves production times and reduces costs, while providing the same bonding strength.
- Low toxicity profile – ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive has an improved Globally Harmonized System (GHS) classification, which means users will save on personal protective equipment costs and other risk management measures.
- High performance – ARALDITE® 2081 adhesives has enhanced bond performance for engineering plastics and composites, and with comparable adhesion to metals. It provides high bond strength and elongation, outstanding flowability and fast cure times.
“With ARALDITE® 2081 adhesive, our family of low-odor, non-flammable, and primer-free adhesives is complete,” says José Fanjul, Global Strategic Marketing Director in Huntsman’s Advanced Materials division. “We now offer the same exceptional bonding performance for plastics and composites that ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive brought to metals, with none of the challenges of using traditional adhesives. This will be transformational for manufacturers in transportation, wind, marine and industrial applications who want the best in terms of efficiency and performance, as well as employee well-being.”
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2021 revenues of approximately $8 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Statements in this release that are not historical are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company's operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed in the Huntsman companies' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, volatile global economic conditions, cyclical and volatile product markets, disruptions in production at manufacturing facilities, reorganization or restructuring of Huntsman’s operations, including any delay of, or other negative developments affecting, the spin-off of Venator Materials Corporation, the ability to implement cost reductions and manufacturing optimization improvements in Huntsman businesses and realize anticipated cost savings, and other financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
ARALDITE® is a registered trademarks of Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof, in one or more countries, but not all countries.
© Copyright 2022. Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof. All rights rserved
Press information and Sales enquiries should be directed by mail or e-mail to:
Marketing Communications Manager EMEAI
Huntsman Advanced Materials (Switzerland) GmbH
CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland
Phone: +41-61-299 2664