Huntsman to Promote New Range of Easy-to-Use Elastomers at PU China / UTECH Asia While Highlighting Wider Urethanes Capabilities
Discover the possibilities at Stand 50 at PU China / UTECH Asia – from 28 to 31 July 2021
Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre, Shanghai, China
A new range of Easy-to-Use (ETU) elastomers that can simplify the casting of complex heavy-duty parts will be one of numerous urethane-based innovations that global chemical company Huntsman will be showcasing at PU China / UTECH Asia at the end of July. Huntsman’s ETU elastomers range is a novel portfolio of polyurethane products, which can give parts producers extra manufacturing flexibility when casting large, hard-wearing, specialist components for mining, oil and gas, and industrial applications.
Traditionally, parts manufacturers producing high quality, heavy-duty polyurethane components, have had to work with materials that have a relatively narrow set of processing parameters. The ETU elastomers range is different. With a long pot life, which delivers a wide processing window, these specialty elastomers are easy to control and tolerant to process temperature variations. Compatible with standard manufacturing equipment, they deliver excellent part-to-part consistency – helping to reduce scrap rates. They can also be processed at significantly lower temperatures and do not require any post curing treatment – making them more energy efficient.
At the show, experts from the company’s Polyurethanes and Performance Products divisions will also be highlighting:
- A complete offer for hot and cold cast elastomers that includes the company’s TECNOTHANE® polyurethane-based elastomers and its CASTECHTM The advanced portfolio of TECHNOTHANE® polyurethane-based hot-cast engineering elastomers includes a full range of polyols and chain extenders. The flexible, low maintenance CASTECHTM equipment solutions can be used to efficiently cast compact polyurethane elastomers and microcellular foams from all types of isocyanate and chain extender combinations. Together, this unique material and machinery combination is the ideal solution for producing specialist polyurethane parts including wheels, rollers and seals for industrial applications.
- A broad portfolio of microcellular elastomers – available under the ACOUSTIFLEX® brand – that can deliver excellent acoustic insulation and vibration dampening properties, as well as compression stress performance. Delivering distinct processing advantages, and a fast production cycle compared to rubber, they are ideal for use in NVD applications across transportation and construction. In the world of transport, ACOUSTIFLEX® polyurethane systems are commonly used in rail pads, ballast mats, spring aids and carpet underlay. In the construction sector, they are commonly used in wall and floor linings to reduce sound transmission.
- A specialist range of low emission JEFFCAT® catalysts, which are proven to improve the performance of polyurethanes in automotive seating, insulation, furniture, and bedding applications, and can help customers meet stringent regulatory emissions requirements:
- The JEFFCAT® S-117 reactive blowing catalyst formulated for spray foam applications in the 10-16 kg.m3 density range but also suitable for use in higher density formulations. Replacing the BDMAEE type conventional catalyst, the JEFFCAT® S-117 catalyst is a cost-effective alternative to competitive catalysts – providing strong blow effects with moderate gel behaviour.
- The JEFFCAT® H-1 catalyst is designed for use in HFO blown rigid polyurethane foam including insulation systems. Providing a balanced reaction, without sacrificing the stability of final products, this acid-free catalyst has low levels of the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are responsible for imparting odors into finished rigid foams.
The Huntsman Performance Products team will also be speaking about its high-performance polyurethane additives for spray foam applications at the PU China / UTECH Asia conference. Yide Lang, Senior Scientist, will be speaking to conference delegates on day one of proceedings in Room 5 at 11am.
Discover the possibilities.
Visit Huntsman at PU China / UTECH Asia at Stand 50.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACOUSTIFLEX®, CASTECHTM, JEFFCAT® and TECNOTHANE® are trademarks of Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof in one or more, but not all countries.
© Copyright 2021. Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof. All rights reserved.
Huntsman Corporation warrants only that its products meet the specification stated in the sales contract (if any). Typical properties, where stated, are to be considered as representative of current production and should not be treated as specifications. While all the information presented in this document is believed to be reliable and to represent the best available data on these products, HUNTSMAN MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR WARRANTIES AS TO QUALITY OR CORRESPONDENCE WITH PRIOR DESCRIPTION OR SAMPLE, AND ANY USER OF PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN SHOULD CONDUCT A SUFFICIENT INVESTIGATION TO ESTABLISH THE SUITABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT FOR ITS INTENDED USE AND ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCT, WHETHER USED SINGLY OR IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES. Product(s) described in this publication may be hazardous and/or toxic and require special precautions in handling. For all product(s) described herein, the user should obtain from Huntsman detailed information on hazardousness and/or toxicity, together with proper shipping, handling, and storage procedures, and should comply with all applicable safety and environmental standards. The behavior, hazardousness and/or toxicity or the product(s) referred to in this publication in manufacturing processes and their suitability in any given end-use environment are dependent upon various conditions such as chemical compatibility, temperature, and other variables, which may not be known to Huntsman. It is the sole responsibility of the user of such product(s) to evaluate the manufacturing circumstances and the final product(s) under actual end-use requirements and to adequately advise and warn future purchasers and users thereof.0
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2020 revenues of approximately $6 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Certain information in this release constitutes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements are based on management's current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company's operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in the Huntsman companies' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, volatile global economic conditions, cyclical and volatile product markets, disruptions in production at manufacturing facilities, reorganization or restructuring of Huntsman’s operations, including any delay of, or other negative developments affecting the ability to implement cost reductions, timing of proposed transactions, and manufacturing optimization improvements in Huntsman businesses and realize anticipated cost savings, and other financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
# # #