Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri Launches New Engineering Urethane Elastomers for Extreme Working Conditions
Modena, Italy - Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri today announced the availability of a new range of customizable, high performance, MDI-based hot cast elastomers. The TECNOTHANE® VTER family of engineering elastomers is an innovative portfolio of exceptionally resilient polyurethane materials for the manufacture of wheels, castors and industrial parts, which need to be equipped to perform in extreme working conditions.
Easy to process compared to NDI-based technologies, Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri’s TECNOTHANE® VTER range includes six elastomer solutions with customizable features, which can be adapted to match customer-specific requirements. As standard, products in the new range of engineering elastomers offer outstanding tear and cut resistance plus high rebound and very low hysteresis properties.
Wheels made with TECNOTHANE® VTER elastomers are less inclined to generate heat and because of the material’s very low hysteresis require less energy to operate. This makes them ideal for high speed, high frequency applications and heavy-duty, high load tasks where friction can be a problem. Castors, wheels and parts based on TECNOTHANE® VTER elastomers will also perform well in cold storage warehouses where the temperature is frequently sub-zero - giving supply chain managers the confidence that moving components of stock transfer, stacking and picking equipment will stay reliable, even in very cold environments.
The six products available in the TECNOTHANE® VTER range are:
- TECNOTHANE® VTER N: Designed to satisfy various end-use applications, this multi-purpose product is based on a three-component system and has hardness properties that can be adjusted according to the mix ratio.
- TECNOTHANE® VTER V: This elastomer is ideal for the production of bumpers and can be used in other applications where high frequency stress is the norm. It can also perform exceptionally well at low temperatures - remaining elastic down to -40°C.
- TECNOTHANE® VTER R: This three-component system is well suited to the production of large wheels. Easy to process and handle after curing, this elastomer offers outstanding physical and mechanical properties including excellent tear resistance and rebound.
- TECNOTHANE® VTER E: Developed with the production of high performance wheels in mind, this three-component elastomer offers very low hysteresis and outstanding tear resistance and rebound properties.
- TECNOTHANE® VTER H: This two-component system is a high hardness material that copes very well in high load situations and is recommended for the development of wheels used on automatic guided vehicles and in automated warehousing applications.
- TECNOTHANE® VTER M: Capable of withstanding high load and high-speed operating conditions this easy to process, high performance elastomer performs best in very heavy load wheel applications e.g., on monorails.
Simone Breviglieri, Techno-Commercial Manager, at Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri, said: “When we developed our TECNOTHANE® VTER family of elastomers we had a very clear vision in mind. We knew the market was looking for an alternative to NDI-based hot cast elastomer systems that could offer comparable performance properties. Combining the best of our MDI chemistry with our hot cast elastomers expertise, we’ve created a range of products, which are available globally, and are designed to withstand extreme working conditions across a range of markets and applications.”
For more information about Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri and its work on the development of high performance hot cast elastomers, please contact: email@example.com
TECNOTHANE® and CASTECH® are registered trademarks of Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof in one or more, but not all countries.
© Copyright 2019. Huntsman Corporation or an affiliate thereof. All rights reserved.
About Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri:
Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-tech elastomers and elastomer casting equipment. Part of global chemical company Huntsman, the systems house offers a bespoke, end-to-end elastomers service. Under its TECNOTHANE® / DALTOCAST® brands, Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri provides a wide range of off-the-shelf and custom made hot-cast engineering elastomers. These innovative materials are used to create durable wheels, seals, rollers, pads and other technical parts for industrial, manufacturing and transportation applications. Huntsman Tecnoelastomeri also makes its own CASTECH® machines for the efficient processing of polyurethane elastomers and microcellular elastomer foams.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2018 revenues more than $9 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Certain information in this release constitutes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements are based on management's current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company's operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in the Huntsman companies' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, volatile global economic conditions, cyclical and volatile product markets, disruptions in production at manufacturing facilities, reorganization or restructuring of Huntsman’s operations, including any delay of, or other negative developments affecting the ability to implement cost reductions and manufacturing optimization improvements in Huntsman businesses and realize anticipated cost savings, and other financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, le gal, regulatory and technological factors. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
Ilse Vanden Brande