Corporate Social Responsibility
From helping feed the hungry, to raising funds to fight life-threatening diseases, associates worldwide organize grassroots activities to support many different causes, demonstrating their desire and passion to help others.
Giving back is good business
Making a meaningful difference in our communities is just as important as operating our business. Our global community is strengthened when we are all aligned for the purpose of helping those in need. We care about our communities and support causes and make donations to help better local schools, neighborhoods and healthcare facilities, among other things. Some of the charitable contributions by our associates and company include:
- Enhancing the quality of education and health around villages in Baroda, India, through improving infrastructure of school buildings, helping train teachers, volunteering to teach students computer skills, funding and hosting summer camps for students, distributing school supplies and providing clean and safe drinking water to local villagers
- Donating funds to keep a local medical facility in Cartagena, Colombia, operating, and creating a health campaign for medical professionals from that local medical facility to provide home care to neighboring residents who do not have the means to visit the medical facility or to pay for medical exams or medicine
- Awarding grants to teachers in Port Neches-Grove Independent School District in Port Neches, Texas, for implementing innovative technology and projects in the class room that focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Providing 32 acres of land - owned by Huntsman - for a new recreation and public sports complex for use by community youth sports teams in Port Neches, Texas
- Supporting the American Red Cross through blood donations, and raising funds and supplies for global initiatives, including flood relief
- Raising funds for United Way to help the organization with their focus on education, financial stability and health to create stronger communities
- Donating annually to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative for companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and take actions that advance societal goals
- Contributing funds to De Eglantier, a therapeutic center in Leefdaal, Belgium, for children and adolescents with disabilities
- Donating computers to local schools in Singapore and volunteering time to keep beaches and the environment healthy by participating in a beach clean-up in the region
Making the world a better place
Peter Huntsman, President and CEO of Huntsman Corp., is Chief Executive Officer of both The Huntsman Family Foundation and Huntsman Cancer Foundation.
The Huntsman Family Foundation supports cancer research, public education, higher education, the underserved, and programs that serve the homeless and women and children. The Huntsman Cancer Foundation is a public charity supporting the groundbreaking cancer research taking place at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). Both foundations contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to charitable causes around the globe to make our world a finer place to live.