Privacy Notice for Applicants
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (together, “Huntsman”) as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) may be held and processed for the purposes of your registration, application, and potential selection, and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement at Huntsman, unless otherwise indicated at the time of collection of those data. Huntsman will ensure that your personal data are protected in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
By submitting your application or resume, you declare to have read the following Privacy Notice for Applicants. If you do not want us to use your data as set out below, please do not submit a resume or application.
This Privacy Notice for Applicants explains:
- what information we collect in the course of the application and recruitment process;
- how we use this data;
- what technical means we use to process your data;
- who has access to your data;
- how long we keep your data;
- how you can consult and update the data we collect about you;
- how we protect your data; and
- how can you reach us with questions and comments.
1. What data do we collect?
This Privacy Notice for Applicants covers all data that we receive from you and collect and process about you in the context of your application and the further recruitment process. After completion of the application process, your personal data may be retained and further processed in accordance with this notice, for the purposes of matching your skills and qualifications to future vacancies (where permitted by applicable law), identifying you as a potential candidate for future suitable vacancies and/or to inform you of such future suitable vacancies. If you are selected for employment by a Huntsman affiliate, your personal data may be used for the purpose of entering into an employment relationship, including sending you correspondence or general information related to the employment relationship.
These data include: identification and contact details, personal characteristics (such as gender and date of birth), education and work experience (including grades, certificates, diplomas, references), job preferences, strengths, areas of interest, hobbies, videos, audio clips, financial data (e.g. current and desired salary), all data from your resume, all visible data from your LinkedIn profile and other social media or public websites, and all other information you give us in writing or orally in the context of your application.
2. How do we use your data?
Your data will be used within the framework of the application and recruitment process, including for:
- assessing your skills, qualifications and interests within the framework of our career prospects;
- checking your data, checking references and / or performing background checks (where applicable);
- communication concerning the recruitment process and your candidacy; and
- making improvements in the recruitment process of Huntsman.
The processing for purposes 1, 2 and 3 above are necessary for the possible conclusion of an employment contract between you and Huntsman, and the processing for purpose 4 is based on the legitimate interest of Huntsman to improve its recruitment processes, on the basis of the course of the application and recruitment process with you.
3. How do we process your data?
Applications that we receive are stored electronically by our HR staff in a digital file on our central servers or in an online database on a cloud.
4. Who has access to your data?
Your data can be shared with other Huntsman entities. Within these entities, HR staff and managers have access to your data. In certain cases, technical personnel can access your data, but only to the extent that this is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of our technical systems.
Except as set out in this notice, your personal data will not be disclosed to other third parties. Your personal data may be disclosed to Huntsman affiliates and to third-party organizations providing administration or other services to Huntsman. When you submit registration information or your resume to Huntsman using a third-party website, your information and your resume will be hosted on the server of that third-party organization. In such case, the handling of your registration information and your resume will be subject to the privacy policies of that provider.
5. How long do we keep your data?
If you do not enter into an employment relationship with Huntsman, your personal data provided in connection with your application will be retained by Huntsman for a period of a maximum of two years unless applicable law requires a different retention period.
In case of possible employment, your details will be included in your personnel file.
6. Consult and update your data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your data as well as the right to transfer the personal data that you have provided to us to another organization. To this end, please click on the following link to make a Data Subject Access Request (https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/data-request).
You remain responsible for the data you provide to us and for the consequences. It is not permitted to provide information that infringes obligations relating to privacy, confidentiality, intellectual property or trade secrets of others, unless you have their explicit consent. By passing on references you also guarantee that you have informed those individuals of the processing of their personal data as described here.
7. Security of your data
We secure our IT systems against unauthorized access. Only authorized persons have access to your data, based on a personal login and password and only via a secure internet or intranet connection. Consultation of personal data by the authorized persons is permitted only to the extent relevant in the context of their specific assignment.
In addition, we have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your data against unauthorized or unintentional removal, modification or disclosure and against misuse, damage and theft.
Huntsman International LLC, 10003 Woodloch Forest Drive, The Woodlands, Texas, 77380, USA, is the data controller for the purposes specified in this notice. If you want to consult, update and/or delete your data, please click on the following link to make a Data Subject Access Request (https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/data-request). For questions, comments or any complaints concerning the processing of your personal data, you may also contact:
In addition, you always have (i) the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, (ii) the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where relevant) and (iii) the right to file a complaint. with the Data Protection Authority.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice for Applicants
Changes are made to this Privacy Notice for Applicants on a regular basis. The most recent version can always be found on this page. The date on which this text was last modified can be found in the head of the document. Please check on a regular basis whether a new version has been published, as these changes will apply to your data on the date of publication.
10. Declaration and Consent
By submitting your personal data and application form you:
- Declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this Privacy Notice for Applicants;
- Declare that the information given by you is complete and accurate;
- Consent to the processing of the information contained in your application or subsequent applications, and any other personal data you may provide, in the manner and to the extent described in this notice;
- Authorize the relevant Huntsman affiliate to verify, or have verified on its behalf, all statements contained in your application form and to undertake reference checks. Reference checks will only be carried out where permitted in accordance with applicable law, and may include credit enquiries, work history verification, reference checks, education verification, credential verification, criminal convictions checks, passport verification, directorship searches, driving status reports, right to work verification and residency status verification among other things;
- Authorize any relevant third parties to disclose to Huntsman or its representatives relevant information (including your personal data) in connection with your application; and,
- Consent to the transfer of your personal data (including cross-border transfers both within and outside the European Economic Area) between Huntsman affiliates and/or third-parties processing your personal data on behalf of Huntsman for the purposes and to the extent described in this notice.